Thursday, April 14, 2011

Renew Me/ March for Babies

Friday, while I was washing my hands at work, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and said to myself "Jeez, I look frumpy." The best thing I could say about my hair was that is was clean. My t-shirt might as well have had the words "My son prefers my left boob to my right boob" printed right on it. I'd eaten three, yes three, donuts for breakfast so I was starting to look a little like I did around the time I was four months pregnant with Charlie. I'm certain I do not remember how to walk in heels and every piece of clothing I wear is now carefully selected based on machine washablility. I feel a bit like the Kansas landscape after a hard, cold winter: drab, dreary and in desperate need of some color.

Having done some remodeling on the outside (i.e. a snazzy new 'do and a new tattoo), it's time to renew my soul. Easter seems the perfect season for this lofty goal. Start small. A walk. A walk for something I am passionate about. Babies!! I am passionate about babies. So...

We're walking in the March for Babies!

Just when I needed it, a friend asked if I wanted to participate. Yes! Yes! YES! My babies were born full-term and healthy but other babies aren't as lucky and have to really fight from the very minute they are Earth-side to stay with us. I want to help support those babies and those families. If you are interested in helping, just click on the link above to find out how.

Merry marching, ya'll! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment