Friday, November 19, 2010

The Sweetest Gift

As part of my self prescribed PPD treatment, I've decided to start a weekly ritual I'm calling "The Sweetest Gift". I'm going to try and capture one moment from the week that I am grateful for in a photograph or a short paragraph.

Wednesday night, Charlie was particularly fussy and Lily the Destroyer was up to her usual antics. I kept telling myself  "Micha comes home tomorrow. I just have to hold out until then." About that time my angel appeared in the doorway of my bedroom and asked if I'd like some chicken soup and offered to 'take a shift'. Mumbles brought me a bowl of soup and sat with her brother while I sat in my room and talked to Micha on the phone. These are my sweetest gifts.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart and a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I followed you on over from your previous blog. I feel a bit like I'm stalking you, sorry. :P Anyway, I think this is a great idea. I had PPD with my first, but didn't get any actual help with it. Fortunately I climbed out on my own (probably due to hormones leveling out) and escaped it altogether with my second child. I do have a "mantra" that is similar to your "sweetest gifts". Mine is "I get to..." I get to take care of my children. I get to change diapers. I get to make dinner for my family. It helps me remind myself that some people can't have a family or have lost a child and I'm actually very lucky to have what I do. Good luck on your return to work!

    ReplyDelete